Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A week of cycling

It's been a week since I got my fifth bike in Australia, and I already I rode at least 250 km. In that week, I lost about two kilos of weight which I believed to be the result of having cold and cycling. 

Place that I went:
  • Wed 24: Kew Boulevard (1.5 laps)
  • Thurs 25: My friend's parents house in Burnside height (~24 km from my house): I didn't like the head wind on the way there at all, but the road is flat.
  • Fri 26: Feeling sick as the cold kicked in and ended up shopping. 
  • Sat 27: Mordialloc + chocolate. After a nap: A ride to JZ's house was 26 km of hills after hills. My legs got a good work out. 
  • Sun 28: A ride back from JZ's house after yum cha. It supposed to fill my stomach but the waiters kept ignoring our table. I have a feeling that they think we can't order yum cha.
  • Mon 29: A train to Geelong and then 40 km "scenic" ride to Anglesea via Torquay. It was brilliantly beautiful although the hills were quite punishing if you are on single speed. We took an easier route on the way back along the highway. I don't remember much but we went pretty fast with the tail wind.
  • Tues 30: Completely exhausted from cycling. Dropped about three kilos, so I took a chance to eat up and sleep a lot.
Plan for New Year: Wake up really early and ride to Arthur's Seat. If I am all pumped, which I doubt, my friend and I will try to do the whole trip without taking a train. The idea is to get wasted just like getting pass out. Also this will be my first attempt at Arthur's Seat too. ~200m in altitude in 3km of road. I heard that someone did it in 12 minutes. I will be happy if I can do it in 30 minutes on the smallest gear. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment