Thursday, January 8, 2009

Arthur Seat

On New Year day, I decided to go on an epic cycling trip to Arthur Seat (near Rosebud) with Charlie. The 240m climb over 3km (which mean an average gradient of about 8% - 9%, but Charlie reckons it is 10%) to the top of Arthur Seat reduced me to the lowest gear consistently. I was grasping for air the whole time there, but I never felt like I was getting enough air in. It could be the cold that I recently had that haven't quite over yet. On one hand, Charlie sprinted to the top on amazingly high gear (39/21), while I struggled on embarrassingly low gear (34/25).

As part of the aim, Charlie got wasted just pass Frankston. This meant I had to do the work at the front for most of 40 km on the way back to the city. As a result, I got wasted too.  

Having done a fair bit of cycling over the past two weeks, I have a thought for this year resolution. Mine will be: 5000 km of ride this year.

This will mean Charlie has  to drag me out on bike more..... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment